Contact Info / Websites
Hi ^^. I'm currently developing Defend Us 3! (Yeah, another TOWER DEFENSE)
But hey, this time is different, trust me.
And what's the difference?
GOOD QUESTION! This time, you won't have predefined turrets. (Wait, this is gonna be a Tower Defence and you don't have ANY TURRETS??¿?¿ OMG IM GETTING MAD I BLMAE YOU)
Relax, bud. You'll have the power to create your own turrets! You'll start with some turret effects and you can get more effects by playing!
You can put a limited amount of effects in the same turret, and modify his stats, like damage, speed, range and bullet speed. More effects and stats means a higher cost, of course. Each effect has its own cost, and some effects can have levels (1-5), so you can combine a lot of low level effects, or having a few but powerful high level effects!
Also, I'm moving from Flash to Unity. No more weird memory stuff!
Take a look at these videos:
Turret effects: Musicalizator + bounce (level 5)
Turret effects: Musicalizator + laser + third (every 3rd hit deals more damage) + assault (every time this turret kills its target double the speed)
You can notice I improved the map generation and now it looks pretty beautiful! Turrets without the ghost or laser effect cannot shoot through forests, so care where do you place your turrets!
Tell me what you think!
So I've decided to make a little change on my game Defend US! 2 http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/657805
-> Changing the browser tab no longer pauses the game.
It's real: Defend Us! 2 is coming. I've received lots of feedback (thanks NG!) so I decided to make the second part.
So let's talk about the changes and features:
- Turrets: in Defend Us!, there are 10 different turrets. In Defend Us! 2, there are 17 turrets! That's a good amount. Now you can find turrets with the ability to slow the enemy, burn them... CC will be very important.
- Items: from 6 to 10. New mines, powerups and spikes! Place them on the road!
- Enemies: from 9 to 15. They'll be harder.
Graphics: COMPLETELY redesigned. In the previous game there was tons of lag in wave 50, but now you can reach wave 4,294,967,295 while having 60 fps! (Well... that's not 100% true).
Also, in the prev game, graphics were vector graphics. Now they are 100% PIXEL ART. Pixels are by far less intensive than vectors.
- Interface: say goodbye to the floating interface. You'll see it.
- Gamemodes: campaign and survival. You will unlock new turrets, items and levels by completing the campaign mode. You can use the unlocked turrets and items in survival mode.
- Achievements: 60! In the previous game you couldn't see them on a scroll list. Now you can. That's a point. Also I'm using NG medal system.
- Book of war: avalible in the main menu. You can see the stats of any turret you have, and the stats of any enemy.
- External map editor: yes, there will be a map editor! You can create your own map and play on it. However, the map editor is not included in the game, but I will upload it.
And now, screenshots! (Sorry about the spanish, game will be avalible in both english and spanish)
The maps shown down there are random:
And now a comparative between games: http://i.imgur.com/3fpcCiU.jpg
One last thing: sorry about my english :p